Fourth graders work toward the Webelos rank. The Webelos rank is earned by completing the five requirements described below. Scouts who are in Cub Scouts in fourth grade must complete the Webelos rank before working towards the Arrow of Light.
Note: New Cub Scouts who are in first grade or above earn the Bobcat Badge first before working on the requirements for their badge of rank mentioned above. The requirements for the Bobcat Badge that the Scout must complete are the following:
- Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
- Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide pamphlet.
The Cub Scout Webelo Handbook is the guide to the Bear Scout program and where you can find everything you need to complete requirements.
Webelos Rank Requirements
1. Complete all five required adventures
3. Complete the How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse activities
- The parent/guardian must read the How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide pamphlet and complete the suggested activities with their Scout (refer to the blue boxes on pages 20-25 of the pamphlet).
4. Complete a Protect Yourself Rules activity
- Watch the Protect Yourself Rules for Webelos video lesson with your Scout.
- The Scout can earn the Protect Yourself Rules Preview Adventure for Webelos.
Den 1 (boys)
Den 10 (girls)