First graders work toward the Tiger rank. The Tiger rank is earned by completing the four requirements below. Although participation with an adult partner is required for all Tiger awards, recognition items are for the Scouts only.
Note: New Cub Scouts who are in first grade or above earn the Bobcat Badge first before working on the requirements for their badge of rank mentioned above. The requirements for the Bobcat Badge that the Scout must complete are the following:
- Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
- Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide pamphlet.
Tiger Scouts wear the official blue Cub Scout Uniform Shirt, Youth. Please refer to the Uniform FAQ for additional information.
The Tiger Cub Scout Handbook is the guide to the Tiger Scout program and where you can find everything you need to complete requirements.
Tiger Rank Requirements
1. Complete all six required adventures
2. Complete at least one elective adventure
3. Complete the How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse activities
- The parent/guardian must read the How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide pamphlet and complete the suggested activities with their Scout (refer to the blue boxes on pages 20-25 of the pamphlet).
4. Complete a Protect Yourself Rules activity
- Watch the Protect Yourself Rules for Tiger video lesson with your Scout.
- The Scout can earn the Protect Yourself Rules Preview Adventure for Tiger.